The medical/surgical practice at UF Health Shands Hospital is vast in its size and scope. We emphasize a total patient care delivery model, with all newly hired RNs receiving orientation at the hospital, department and unit levels.
Every med/surg unit includes an RN support system consisting of a nurse manager, clinical coordinator, LPNs, PCAs, central administrative assistant and unit clerks. Certain units also feature the added strength of clinical nurse specialists and other program experts.
A wide variety of best-practice med/surg units are housed in the expansive Patient Services Building on our main campus.
- Admission Discharge Transition Unit
- Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant Program — Unit 7 West
- Cardiac Care — Unit 66
- Cardiovascular/Lung Transplant — Unit 67
- Family Medicine — Unit 65
- General Surgery — Unit 5 East
- General Surgery — Unit 6 East
- Gynecology — Unit 10-5
- Hematology/Oncology — Unit 8 East
- Hospitalist Medicine — Unit 74
- Hospitalist Medicine — Unit 75
- Medicine — Unit 11-5
- Medicine — Unit 64
- Neuromedicine — Unit 56
- Neuromedicine/EMU — Unit 57
- Orthopaedic — Unit 6 West
- Psychiatry — Unit 52
- Trauma — Unit 5 West