The third in our series of one-year fellowship opportunities, this program is available to registered nurses serving in an assistive management role within any nursing division at UF Health Shands Hospital. The Nursing Leadership Fellowship is created for professionals who aspire to higher-level leadership and management positions, and delivers on this opportunity through:
- Leadership development seminars and workshops
- Individual learning/career development plans
- Coaching and mentoring by the Vice President for Nursing and Patient Care Services and other leaders
- An assigned individual or group project that will impact the Department of Nursing
- Monthly seminars and regular “homework” assignments
Each fellowship participant is also awarded a management development account of up to $1,000 for conference attendance, books/journals, professional membership fees and other related costs. Applications are accepted every October.