The medical/surgical practice at UF Health Shands Hospital is vast in its size and scope. We emphasize a total patient care delivery model, with all newly hired RNs receiving orientation at the hospital, department and unit levels.
Every med/surg unit includes an RN support system consisting of a nurse manager, clinical coordinator, LPNs, PCAs, central administrative assistant and unit clerks. Certain units also feature the added strength of clinical nurse specialists and other program experts.
A wide variety of best-practice med/surg units are housed in the expansive Patient Services Building on our main campus.
Learn more about:
- Unit 54 Medical Surgical Cardiac Care
- Unit 55 Medical/Surgical
- Unit 64 Medicine
- Unit 65 Neurology and Family Practice
- Unit 74 Medicine
- Unit 75 Medicine
- Unit 10-5 Burn/Plastic/Neurology/GI
- Unit 11-5 Neurosurgery
- Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Admission Discharge Transition Unit
- 5 East Medical/Surgical
- 5 West Trauma/Lung Transplant
- 6 East Surgical/Transplant/Urology
- 6 West Orthopedics
- 8 East Medical Oncology