Central Staffing and PRN Pool
Central staffing is a designated supplemental staffing pool designed to be used by nursing areas when unit staffing is insufficient to meet patient care needs.
Comprised of registered nurses, patient care assistants (PCAs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs), clerks and clerk monitor techs (CMTs), this office provides support to UF Health Shands Hospital 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Staff hired into CSO are assigned to work in one of the following designated patient care groupings:
Assignments are based on the level of floating as described in the UF Health Shands Hospital Department of Nursing float grid and age appropriate care needs. Staff will be required to float to all areas within their pool.
Benefited staffing is available for registered nurses only. These positions require a .5 FTE (part time) to 1.0 FTE (full time) commitment and staffing requirements are under the same guidelines as permanent, unit-based staff. Schedule needs are affected by unit census patterns and therefore, schedules will be determined during the hiring process.
Internal PRN Pool (Current Shands employees):
- Employed at UF Health Shands Hospital for at least six months.
- Satisfactory evaluation with at least an “effective” rating.
- No more than one written corrective action within the last 12 months.
- Must be willing to work in all areas of a designated patient care grouping.
- CNAs/PCAs must have current certification.
- CMTs will be hired only from internal applicants.
External Applicant Eligibility (not current UF Health employee):
- At least one year experience in a tertiary hospital.
- Year of experience must be in an area similar to those identified as a patient care grouping.
- Past year worked must have been full time with no breaks in work history.